What problems can arise with impacted wisdom teeth?
When you have an impacted wisdom tooth, there are several problems that can arise including the following:
- Infection may develop in the gum flap overlaying the tooth, or decay may develop in the tooth
- Impacted teeth may damage the teeth beside them
- Wisdom teeth can be difficult to clean, making them prone to decay and infection
- Should the tooth fail to erupt, a cyst may form and, by gradual enlargement, endanger the health of the nearby bone and teeth
- These problems can be prevented by the timely surgical removal of the teeth, which we are able to ensure is completed as stress-free as possible with our various sedation options.
To learn more about this or to schedule an appointment call our office today!