To all of our valued clients, we would like to update you on the precautions our team at All Smiles Dental are taking to address the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
As updates are coming out regularly we are closely monitoring all available information provided by MOH, NZDA and DCNZ. We are using this information to implement and reinforce our safety measures and protocols to ensure we can continue to provide you with the best and safest experience possible during this uncertain time.
As a practice, we are striving to do what’s best for our patients, staff, families and the wider community. We have returned to our regular working hours and are happy to be seeing your lovely smiling faces again for not only emergency treatment but also elective dental treatment.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
What we are doing
- All Smiles Dental Employees and Dentists are all fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as per the government mandate.
- All staff have been instructed not to come to work if they have any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 or are feeling unwell.
- Communication between staff members will take place to share the most up-to-date information from government and health authorities.
- We are still available for emergency advice and prescriptions for those that cannot make it into the clinic, via phone call, email or Tele-Dentistry (Zoom or Skype) should you require assistance and are unable to make it into the clinic.
- When it comes to clinic sterilisation protocols, we utilise the highest standards, relying on medical-grade disinfectants, instrument disposal when appropriate and the very latest in public safety recommendations. We will also be cleaning high touch points regularly.
- The health and safety of our patients and staff remains our primary focus during this time, so all of the protocols we have put in place are in the interest of all parties.
How can you help us
- If you are in a high risk category we may feel it is best for you to be treated in a different environment, and we will give you recommendations on what to do and where to go.
- Please do not attend your dental appointment if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone that does. You will be asked to leave the premises and appointments will be rescheduled appropriately.
- Fever, acute cough or shortness of breath
- Muscle aches, loss of smell, sore throat
- Generally feeling unwell with no other likely diagnosis
Remember that we are here to give you guidance in relation to your dental care so please feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Take care of yourself and your loved ones at this time!
Protecting yourself and your family
During this time—when you may be waiting longer than usual for your regular dental exam and hygiene treatment—it is more important than ever to lower your family’s risks for oral infections and dental emergencies.
Here are a few tips on how you can lower your dental risk:
- Brush twice per day and floss at least once per day
- Avoid sugary and acidic snacks and beverages
- Enjoy a tooth-healthy diet that includes nutritious and fibrous foods with minimal acid and sugar
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Be sure to wear all recommended or prescribed oral appliances – like nightguards or retainers
How can you protect yourself from Covid-19
- Avoid touching your face, eyes and mouth with unwashed hands
- Always washing your hands before eating
- Carrying hand sanitiser at all times
- Being particularly mindful of touching your face, especially after going out in public or on public transport
- Carry tissues at all times to cover the mouth when coughing or sneezing (and then dispose of it immediately)
- Not eating shared/communal food
- Avoid shaking hands/kissing cheeks
- Regularly cleaning and sanitising commonly uses surfaces and items e.g. phone and keys
- Avoid close contact with people that are suffering from or are showing symptoms of acute respiratory infection
- Seek medical advice from your healthcare professional if you are feeling unwell or are concerned with your health in any way
The team at All Smiles Dental want you and your loved ones to be safe during this challenging time, so if you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 ALL SMILES (0800 255 764).
All Smiles Dental
395 Dominion Road
Phone 0800 255 764
|Monday||9:00AM – 8:00PM|
|Tuesday||9:00AM – 8:00PM|
|Wednesday||8:00AM – 4:00PM|
|Thursday||8:00AM – 8:00PM|
|Friday||8:00AM – 3:00PM|