After your sedation appointment
- Go home and rest/relax for the remainder of the day. Take plenty of fluids as you may be dehydrated.
- You must have a responsible adult monitor you for at least 12 hours post appointment, or ideally until the following morning.
- You cannot drive until the next day. Although you may feel like you are fine after a few hours the sedation can still be in your system for 24 hours.
- You should avoid alcohol for 3 days.
- Smoking delays healing.
- Don’t perform any important tasks or decisions for the remainder of the day.
- Eating a light meal after treatment is fine if you can, however it will be easier once the anaesthetic has worn off. Be careful not to bite your lips or tongue.
- Take any prescribed medication, and your usual medication if you have any. Go home and rest for the remainder of the day.
- Do not perform any strenuous activities.
- A feeling of nausea may occasionally develop after sedation. Lie down until you feel better.
- You will need assistance by a responsible adult with walking and using the restroom.
Most importantly: Call us with any concerns or questions you may have during your recovery period – 0800 ALL SMILES (0800 255 764)
All Smiles Dental
395 Dominion Road
Phone 0800 255 764
|Monday||9:00AM – 8:00PM|
|Tuesday||9:00AM – 8:00PM|
|Wednesday||8:00AM – 4:00PM|
|Thursday||8:00AM – 8:00PM|
|Friday||8:00AM – 3:00PM|