The Inman Aligner is the perfect solution for crowding or protrusion of the front teeth. It is really fast, very safe and great value compared to other systems. With the patented Inman Aligner, your front teeth can be gently guided to an ideal position in a matter of weeks. Most cases complete in 6-18 weeks and because it’s removable you can take it out to fit with your lifestyle. Our dentist Dr Krystal Tarak is also one of the few dentists in New Zealand offering the revolutionary Inman Dental Aligner, a simple removable appliance used to align front teeth quickly and safely.
How does it work?
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly. The image below shows the squeeze effect of the two aligner bows on the front teeth. The inner bow pushes forwards, while the outer bow pulls back on the front teeth.
How long is the treatment with the Inman Aligner?
Most cases are completed within 6-18 weeks. We will be able to give you a realistic guide of what to expect prior to treatment commencement. For suitable cases, the Inman Aligner can be much faster than alternative orthodontic techniques.
What’s involved in Treatment with the Inman Aligner?
- Initial consultation to find out if the Inman Aligner is suitable for you.
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Initial fitting of the Aligner.
- Wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day
- Regular progress checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a lingually bonded retainer or an Essix retainer.